Johnson City Divorce and Family Law Attorney
At the Law Office of Douglas J. Carter, we provide competent, effective legal representation in a variety of legal matters, including family law. We understand our clients' problems and are able to guide each client through the legal process effectively. We are experienced in and now accepting same sex divorce, custody, and adoption cases. We take pride in being a constant in the lives of many people in the community as we assist them during some of the most important and difficult times throughout their lives. To speak with a Johnson City, Tennessee, attorney, contact us online or by calling 423-926-9193.
We handle legal matters, including:
- Divorce — Doug is a Rule 31 Listed Mediator who can help you save time and money by working to negotiate the terms of your divorce without going to trial.
- Military divorce — We provide compassionate legal counsel and effective representation while handling the complex issues surrounding military divorce matters.
- Child custody and child support — When difficult decisions are being made involving the custody and child support agreements for your children, we will put more than 35 years of legal experience to work as we fight for results that are in your best interests and the best interests of your children.
- Post-divorce litigation or modification — When life's circumstances change, it may require the modification of former court orders involving child support, child custody or other family law issues. We will work to negotiate new terms that satisfy all parties involved.
- Mediation — We provide mediation services that can help you craft your own solutions to family law issues, without involving a third party.
- Paternity/grandparents' rights — Whether determining paternity or standing up for grandparents' rights, we will make every effort to fight for a result that is in your favor.
- Adoption — We help parents who want to start a family or add to their family while providing a safe home for the child that they adopt.
- Orders of protection — If you are involved in an abusive relationship, we will work to protect your safety by filing orders of protection.
- Probate and wills — Whether you need assistance with the probate process or help in writing a will, we can help.
- Personal injury and car accidents — If you were injured in an accident, we will work to secure the maximum compensation in your personal injury case.
Contact a Washington County Property Division Attorney
Doug Carter is a Tennessee lawyer who has been practicing law for more than 35 years. His dedication to providing exceptional legal counsel and personalized service earned him the 2010 People's Choice Award from the Johnson City Press for being the outstanding attorney in all of Johnson City. To schedule an initial consultation to discuss your legal matter, contact the firm online or by calling 423-926-9193.