Paternity Grandparents Rights




Douglas J Carter, Attorney

112 E. Myrtle Avenue - Suite 500 Johnson City, TN 37604 (423) 926-9193

Attorney Doug Carter

Practice Areas


Contact Us

Doug's Notes

Law Office of Douglas J. Carter
Follow me on LinkedIn follow me on facebook tweet me

Johnson City Paternity Lawyer

Paternity involves establishing the father of a child either so the man can establish visitation rights and be a part of the child’s life or so the mother of the child can collect child support. At the Law Office of Douglas J. Carter, we assist people in and around Johnson City, Jonesborough, Erwin and Elizabethton, Tennessee, with paternity matters. We can help by preparing and filing your paperwork and representing your case in court. To speak with a member of our staff,contact the firm online or by calling 423-926-9193.

Doug Carter is a Johnson City paternity attorney who can help to determine paternity and any legal obligations that follow. Without effective legal representation you are not assured the opportunity to play a role in the child’s life. Many men don’t know what their rights are in regard to paternity. Doug has handled many of these cases and has more than 35 years of legal experience. He will explain what your rights are and will fight to defend those rights.

Grandparents’ Rights Attorney

If you are a grandparent and are concerned about the well-being of your grandchild because of possible drug use, neglect, improper supervision or other harmful conduct, or if you have been a part of the child’s life in the past and are no longer given the opportunity to play a role in your grandchild’s life, you need an experienced lawyer who can effectively work to re-establish those rights. Although Tennessee has limited rights for grandparents, if you have had a significant relationship with your grandchildren in the past, if the grandchildren have lived with you in the past for more than a 12-month period of time or if you can prove that the denial to see the children would cause them a significant amount of harm, you may be able to restore your rights.

Contact a Grandparents’ and Fathers’ Rights Attorney Today

The inability to participate in a child’s life, or the inability to properly care for a child due to lack of child support, can be emotionally draining. It’s important to remember that laws do exist to protect your rights and those of the child. To speak with a member of our staff about how we can help you, contact the firm online or by calling 423-926-9193.

back to top